Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Painting Project is Finished!


This is the painting project I've been working on since just before Christmas.   Not that it really took that long to complete, just took me a while to make up my mind.   It was a favor for my neighbor and I enjoyed doing it for her. 
She wanted the "King James" version.  Thought that was interesting, didn't give it much thought, until I had completed them and then in church I happened to see this in my "New King James" version and thought for  a moment I had made a mistake on "Faith" and "Faithfulness", knew it would be a job to sand off and repaint it correctly.  But sure enough, "Faith" was correct according to King James.  Spent some time thinking about that and you know, there is a difference here and this time I gotta give it to "King Jimmy"  think his version is more correct.   He also tells us that "Faith" cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
I Cor. 13 speaks of the "love gifts".  And now abide faith, hope and love; but the greatest of these is love.
It's all good!!!

1 comment:

Lisha said...

That's really pretty!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Painting Project is Finished!


This is the painting project I've been working on since just before Christmas.   Not that it really took that long to complete, just took me a while to make up my mind.   It was a favor for my neighbor and I enjoyed doing it for her. 
She wanted the "King James" version.  Thought that was interesting, didn't give it much thought, until I had completed them and then in church I happened to see this in my "New King James" version and thought for  a moment I had made a mistake on "Faith" and "Faithfulness", knew it would be a job to sand off and repaint it correctly.  But sure enough, "Faith" was correct according to King James.  Spent some time thinking about that and you know, there is a difference here and this time I gotta give it to "King Jimmy"  think his version is more correct.   He also tells us that "Faith" cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
I Cor. 13 speaks of the "love gifts".  And now abide faith, hope and love; but the greatest of these is love.
It's all good!!!

1 comment:

Lisha said...

That's really pretty!